ooohaaahoooo.

All Tally.

All My Videos

7.28.2007

Six For Sunday (3 times better than a Two for Tuesday)

I realize I've been lazy. I know I haven't posted much music lately. (I was trying to learn the technological side of it) I promise to be better about it. I've been off in the nether regions of the internet collecting songs and albums. I'm back now and prepared to share. As in, these were hard to find. Enjoy.

This first song is an American Analog Set song from their final release...I believe it was a tour only 4 song EP entitled 'Everything Ends in Spring'. This song is basically an extended (and much improved) version of a song which appeared on Set Free.

American Analog Set 'Cool Kids Keep'

Before the Shins, there was Flake (Music). Grittier, grainier, Lo-Fi-ier. This song appeared on a 7" entitled Sue Defender.

Flake Music 'Kreflo'

In the early nineties Devo released two albums worth of four track demos and previously unreleased stuff (Hardcore Devo I and II). This appears on volume I and makes me want to take a can opener, build a robot and fly him back to 1977 so that I can bloody my thumbs at the arcade while I blare my walkman and wear my rainbow suspenders.

Devo 'Auto Modown'

M. Ward makes some of the best music this side of anywhere. I hadn't ever heard this. It's from an EP entitled 'Scene From #12', which was released in 2002. They stopped making this for some reason.

M. Ward 'Wild Minds'

Sometimes B-sides should be A-sides and some A-sides should be no sides. This is a B-side from The National's 'Boxer' sessions. I didn't mean for that to read so negatively. I just like the song. I don't like typing. I do like writing. Pickle.

The National 'Santa Clara'

Beck don't need no fog machine/disco ball/glittery pants/feather boa/128 track recording/zillion dollar haircut. This is from Beck's first cassette 'The Banjo Story' (it was a gift for his mother, goes the legend). It was 1988, he was eighteen, and as far as I'm concerned he had everything he needed.

Beck 'Bottle of Wine'

No comments: