ooohaaahoooo.

All Tally.

All My Videos

7.17.2007

Vincent Moon (is my hero for the day)

Vincent is a French filmmaker. I was always taught that film is film and video is not. His videos are films. He convinces bands to play songs in somewhat strange settings and he records them. His work all shares the same visual tone and style, it is neither saturated nor washed out, but seemingly both. He and the camera become part of the surrounds and it feels as though you have stumbled across your favorite band playing your favorite song behind a laundrymat or in the corner of the bar in the middle of Paris. Surreal and believable. Impossibly possible.

The Arcade Fire sing Neon Bible and Wake Up

The National sing Gospel

The French weblog is called La Blogotheque (if you speak french)

I prefer going to TakeAwayShows (because I speak English)

Be sure to sign up and get fed a weekly session.

No comments: